Give us a call or fill out the contact form so we can relieve you of the stress of going to court on your own. Let my law firm represent you!
Call (678) 895-6039
Reckless Driving Is A Misdermeanor In Georgia
Hiring experienced lawyer in dealing with reckless driving ticket can save your driving record, shorten your probation, lower your fine and save your money. We offer free consultations and flat fee representation.
We will treat your case with the care, attention and diligence it deserves.
Please call (678) 895-6039 today for a free, no obligation consultation with an experienced Georgia reckless driving lawyer. We would love to the opportunity to understand your case, earn your business and be your attorney.
Reckless driving is when someone drives their automobile in a way that shows reckless disregard for the safety of other people and property. The statute in Georgia for reckless driving, which can be found in code section 40-6-390, is fairly vague, which means that there is a lot of police officer discretion as to what constitutes reckless driving in Georgia. For that reason, it is wise for you to contact an experienced Georgia reckless driving attorney if you have been issued a citation for reckless driving. We have been handling reckless driving cases since 2008 and can help you resolve your case in a favorable way. Some common examples of behavior that can be construed as reckless are as follows:
- Running stop signs
- Failing to use your signal
- Distracted driving
There are countless other examples, but the bottom line is that many traffic infractions can be elevated to the level of reckless driving, and it all comes down to the facts and circumstances in your particular case.
Reckless driving is considered a serious traffic violation by the Georgia Department of Driver Services. If you are convicted of reckless driving in Georgia, you will be assessed 4 points against your driving record. Additionally, if you miss your court date for reckless driving in Georgia, a bench warrant can be issued against you immediately. Also, if you are under 21 and you are convicted of reckless driving, the Georgia Department of Driver Services will suspend your license upon notice of the conviction from a Court. You can also be issued a probation period for reckless driving.
- A misdemeanor criminal offense on your record;
- 4 points on your driving record;
- A maximum fine of $1,000. The fine will vary depending on the jurisdiction, whether there are aggravating or mitigating factors, and your driving record;
- Possible jail time depending on the facts of the case;
- Increased insurance premiums for several years; and
- A license suspension if you are over the point threshold
Having a skilled and experienced Georgia reckless driving attorney on your case will help you achieve a better result.
- We help keep your driving record clean. We can negotiate with the prosecutor assigned to the case to amend your reckless driving citation to a reduced or non-reporting violation so that you do not get 4 points on your record. Sometimes, we can identify defenses, mitigating circumstances or technical/procedural mistakes made by the citing officer, which could result in a dismissal of your reckless driving charge. Everything depends on the facts of the case. To see what we think of your case, call (678) 895-6039 to speak to a Georgia reckless driving ticket attorney.
- We can save you money. If you simply pay your reckless driving ticket and it goes on your record, your insurance company will use it against you by increasing your insurance premiums. Reckless driving is on the more serious side when it comes to driving offenses, so you will be considered a more risky driver to insure. Most likely, they will increase your premiums by thousands over dollars for several years. By keeping the reckless driving ticket off your record, we'll save you more money in the long run.
- We can save you time: Whenever it is possible, we handle your case without you having to appear in court to face the prosecutor and judge. However, depending on the court and the facts of your case, your appearance may necessary or beneficial; in that event, we can still save you time because due to procedural rules, courts typically hear attorney represented cases before hearing non-represented cases, thereby drastically decreasing the amount of time you spend in court.
- We offer clear flat fee representation so you are never surprised by the legal fees we charge.
- We are easy to get in touch with and pride ourselves on promptly returning phone calls and emails.
We have handled thousands of tickets all over Georgia and have a strong record of success since 2008. We welcome you to call us today at (678) 895-6039 to discuss your reckless driving case.
List Of Citations
Other Searches Related To Reckless Driving Citations:
- Reckless Driving Probation Georgia
- Reckless Driving Georgia Speed
- How To Get Out Of A Reckless Driving Ticket In GA
- Reckless Driving Vs Dui Georgia
- GA How To Get A Reckless Driving Off Your Record
- Reckless Driving Georgia Points
- How Long Does Reckless Driving Stay On Your Record In Georgia
- Reckless Driving In GA Under 21
Call us today at (678) 895-6039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether it is a speeding ticket, reckless driving, DUI or an illegal lane change that you have been ticket for we can help!
The Anand Law Firm, LLC
11555 Medlock Bridge Road
Johns Creek, GA 30097
Office: (678) 895-6039