Give us a call or fill out the contact form so we can relieve you of the stress of going to court on your own. Let my law firm represent you!
Call (678) 895-6039
A Obstructing An Intersection Citation Is A Misdermeanor In Georgia
Hiring experienced lawyer in dealing with a obstructing an intersection ticket can save your driving record, shorten your probation, lower your fine and save your money. We offer free consultations and flat fee representation.
We will treat your case with the care, attention and diligence it deserves.
Please call (678) 895-6039 today for a free, no obligation consultation with an experienced Georgia obstructing an intersection ticket attorney. We would love to speak to you about the facts of your case and help you achieve the best result possible.
Obstructing an Intersection
According to Georgia Code, 40-6-205, a driver cannot obstruct an intersection. What does that mean? It means that you should not drive your vehicle into an intersection if doing so will hinder the ability of other vehicles or pedestrians to pass through the intersection. As an example, imagine a situation where you are in heavy traffic and are approaching a traffic light at an intersection. Suppose the light is green, which indicates that you can proceed. However, due to the heavy traffic in front of you, if you proceeded past the green light, you would basically be stuck in the middle of the intersection waiting for the cars in front of you to move forward before you could clear the intersection. That would be problematic if the light turned red while you were in the intersection, since it could hinder the ability of vehicles that are traveling perpendicular to you from traveling freely through the intersection. In that sort of situation, it would be best to wait for the cars in front of you to sufficiently move forward and create space before you proceed through the green like without blocking the intersection.
- A misdemeanor criminal offense on your record;
- 3 points on your driving record;
- A maximum fine of $1,000;
- Increased insurance premiums for several years; and
- A license suspension if you are over the point threshold
Having a skilled and experienced Georgia obstructing an intersection ticket attorney on your case will help you achieve a better result.
- We help keep your driving record clean. We can negotiate with the prosecutor to amend your obstructing an intersection citation to a reduced or non-reporting violation. This will keep it off your driving record. In other instances, we may be able to identify defenses, mitigating circumstances or technical/procedural mistakes made by the citing officer, which could result in a dismissal of your charge.
- We can save you money. If you simply pay your ticket and it goes on your record, your insurance company will use it against you by increasing your insurance premiums. Most likely, they will increase your premiums by thousands over dollars for several years. By keeping the ticket off your record, we'll save you more money in the long run.
- We can save you time: Whenever it is possible, we handle your case without you having to appear in court to face the prosecutor and judge. However, depending on the court and the facts of your case, your appearance may necessary or beneficial; in that event, we can still save you time because due to procedural rules, courts typically hear attorney represented cases before hearing non-represented cases, thereby drastically decreasing the amount of time you spend in court.
- We offer clear flat fee representation so you are never surprised by the legal fees we charge.
- We are easy to get in touch with and pride ourselves on promptly returning phone calls and emails.
We have handled thousands of tickets all over Georgia and have a strong record of success since 2008. We welcome you to call us today at (678) 895-6039 to speak to an experienced Georgia obstructing an intersection ticket attorney about your charge.
List Of Citations
Other Searches Related To Obstructing An Intersection Citations:
- Obstructing Traffic Ticket GA
- Blocking Intersection Ticket
- Obstructing Intersection Ticket GA
- Obstructing Traffic At Intersection Georgia Points
- Obstructing Traffic Ticket Georgia
- How To Fight Obstructing Traffic At Intersection Ticket
- How To Fight A Blocking Intersection Ticket GA
- 40-6-205 Obstructing Traffic At Intersection
- Obstructing Traffic GA Points
Call us today at (678) 895-6039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether it is a speeding ticket, reckless driving, DUI or an illegal lane change that you have been ticket for we can help!
The Anand Law Firm, LLC
11555 Medlock Bridge Road
Johns Creek, GA 30097
Office: (678) 895-6039