Give us a call or fill out the contact form so we can relieve you of the stress of going to court on your own. Let my law firm represent you!
Call (678) 895-6039
Got A Move Over Ticket? Attorney Shank In Georgia FIGHTS for You!
Hire an experienced attorney in dealing with your move over charge today to assist you with saving your driving record. We offer free consultations and flat fee representation.
We will treat your case with the care, attention and diligence it deserves.
The Anand Law Firm, LLC Specializes in Move Over Citations
Please call (678) 895-6039 today for a free, no obligation consultation with an experienced Georgia Move Over Violation Attorney. We would love to speak to you about the facts of your case and help you achieve the best result possible. We have a lot of experience handling Move Over Violations and have successfully defended our clients throughout many jurisdictions.
Move Over Violation
The Georgia Move Over Law can be found in 40-6-16. The purpose of the law really stems from safety, specifically the safety of a police officer or emergency responder that it tending to a situation on the side of road, such as an accident or a motorist in need of assistance.
If you see a police officer or emergency vehicle that has its flashing lights on, you must make a lane change into a lane that is not right next to where the vehicle is. In other words, if you see a police vehicle with its lights flashing and it is in the right shoulder, you should not be in the right most lane. Instead move over at least one lane so that there is a space in between your vehicle and the emergency vehicle.
What if it is not possible to move over from that particular lane? Let’s say there are no other lanes the left to move into or there are other vehicles occupying those lanes and you cannot get over safely. If that is the case, you must reduce the speed of your motor vehicle to a reasonable and proper speed for the existing road and traffic conditions, which speed shall be less than the posted speed limit, and be prepared to stop your automobile. In other words, slow down to the point where you can stop safely. That is the best way to try and adhere to this law.
- A misdemeanor criminal offense on your record;
- 3 points on your driving record;
- A maximum fine of $1,000. Fines vary depending on the jurisdiction, any aggravating or mitigating factors of your case and your driving record.
- Increased insurance premiums for several years; and
How can we help you?
Having a skilled and experienced Georgia Move Over Violation Attorney on your case will help you achieve a better result.
- We help keep your driving record clean. We can negotiate with the prosecutor to amend your Move Over citation to a reduced or non-reporting violation. This will keep it off your driving record. In other instances, we may be able to identify defenses, mitigating circumstances or technical/procedural mistakes made by the citing officer, which could result in a dismissal of your charge. This all depends on your particular case, so call us today at 678-895-6039 to discuss your charge.
- We can save you money. If you simply pay your Move Over ticket and it goes on your record, your insurance company will deem you a riskier driver and use it against you by increasing your insurance premiums. Most likely, they will increase your premiums by thousands over dollars for several years. By keeping the ticket off your record, we will save you more money in the long run.
- We can save you time: Whenever it is possible, we handle your case without you having to appear in court to face the prosecutor and judge. However, depending on the court and the facts of your case, your appearance may necessary or beneficial; in that event, we can still save you time because due to procedural rules, courts typically hear attorney represented cases before hearing non-represented cases, thereby drastically decreasing the amount of time you spend in court.
- We offer clear flat fee representation so you are never surprised by the legal fees we charge.
- We are easy to get in touch with and pride ourselves on promptly returning phone calls and emails.
We have handled thousands of tickets all over Georgia and have a strong record of success since 2008. We welcome you to call us today at 678-895-6039 to discuss your case with an experienced Georgia Move Over Violation Ticket Lawyer.
List Of Citations
Other Searches Related To Move Over Citations:
Call us today at (678) 895-6039 or email email@example.com
Whether it is a speeding ticket, reckless driving, DUI or an illegal lane change that you have been ticket for we can help!
The Anand Law Firm, LLC
11555 Medlock Bridge Road
Johns Creek, GA 30097
Office: (678) 895-6039