Give us a call or fill out the contact form so we can relieve you of the stress of going to court on your own. Let my law firm represent you!
Call (678) 895-6039
Have You Been Charged With A Hit And Run In Georgia?
Hiring an experienced lawyer in dealing with your hit and run ticket can save your driving record, shorten your probation, lower your fine and save your money. We offer free consultations and flat fee representation.
We will treat your case with the care, attention and diligence it deserves.
Please call (678) 895-6039 today for a free, no obligation consultation with an experienced Georgia hit and run ticket attorney. We would love to speak to you about the facts of your hit and run case and help you achieve the best result possible.
Hit and Run
In Georgia, if you are involved in an accident, regardless of how serious or minor, you are required to stop at the scene of the accident and provide some basic information to the other party, such as your name, address and registration number of your vehicle. Typically, you must report any accident to law enforcement. Furthermore, depending on the nature of the accident, you may be required to provide assistance or call an ambulance for an injured party. In sum, there are duties you have and you cannot just leave the scene of an accident, regardless of how minor you perceive the accident to be, or whether you are in a rush, or whatever the reason may be.
Hit and run is considered a major traffic violation by the Georgia Department of Driver Services. If you are convicted of hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident in Georgia, your driver’s license will be suspended. Additionally, if you miss your court date for hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident in Georgia, a bench warrant can be issued against you immediately. Also, if you are under 21 and you are convicted, the Georgia Department of Driver Services will suspend your license upon notice of the conviction from a court.
Due to the serious nature of this charge, it is critical to have experienced Georgia hit and run attorney on your side. Do not simply plead guilty, have a hit and run on your record and lose your license. We have a track record of successfully resolving hit and run cases for our clients so call us today at (678) 895-6039 and get the help you need to avoid heavy fines, a license suspension and possible jail time.
If you would like to read the actual statute on hit and run, please look up Official Code of Georgia 40-6-270.
- A misdemeanor criminal offense on your record;
- A license suspension;
- A maximum fine of $1,000. Your fine can depend on the jurisdictions, facts of your case and your driving history;
- Increased insurance premiums for several years; and
- Possible jail time depending on the facts of your case.
Having a skilled and experienced Georgia hit and run ticket attorney on your case will help you achieve a better result.
- We help keep your driving record clean. We can negotiate your hit and run violation with the prosecutor in an effort to amend your citation to a reduced or non-reporting violation. This will keep it off your driving record. In other instances, we may be able to identify defenses, mitigating circumstances or technical/procedural mistakes made by the citing officer, which could result in a dismissal of your hit and run charge.
- We can save you money. There is no doubt that a hit and run is going to hurt your insurance premiums. Your insurance company could even drop you as a client altogether. Either way, if you have a hit and run on your record, be prepared to pay higher insurance premiums. Most likely, they will increase your premiums by thousands over dollars for several years. By keeping the ticket off your record, we will save you more money in the long run.
- We can save you time: Whenever it is possible, we handle your case without you having to appear in court to face the prosecutor and judge. However, depending on the court and the facts of your case, your appearance may necessary or beneficial; in that event, we can still save you time because due to procedural rules, courts typically hear attorney represented cases before hearing non-represented cases, thereby drastically decreasing the amount of time you spend in court.
- We offer clear flat fee representation so you are never surprised by the legal fees we charge.
- We are easy to get in touch with and pride ourselves on promptly returning phone calls and emails.
We have handled thousands of tickets all over Georgia and have a strong record of success since 2008. We welcome you to call us today at (678) 895-6039 to discuss your hit and run case.
Call us today at (678) 895-6039 or email email@example.com
Whether it is a speeding ticket, reckless driving, DUI or an illegal lane change that you have been ticket for we can help!
The Anand Law Firm, LLC
11555 Medlock Bridge Road
Johns Creek, GA 30097
Office: (678) 895-6039