Give us a call or fill out the contact form so we can relieve you of the stress of going to court on your own. Let my law firm represent you!
Call (678) 895-6039
A Driving Within Gore Or Median Citation Is A Misdermeanor In Georgia
Hiring experienced lawyer in dealing with driving within gore or median ticket can save your driving record, lower your fine and save your money. We offer free consultations and flat fee representation.
We will treat your case with the care, attention and diligence it deserves.
Please call (678) 895-6039 today for a free, no obligation consultation with an experienced Georgia driving within gore or median ticket attorney. We would love to speak to you about the facts of your case and help you achieve the best result possible.
Driving Within Gore or Median
Georgia Code Section 40-6-50 governs the law regarding driving within the gore or median. A Gore or Median is basically a dividing space on the road where you are not supposed to drive your car. For example, entrance ramps on highways have an area that gradually connects the ramp to the highway so that drivers can safely merge onto the highway. The same goes for exit ramps – there is typically an exit lane that gradually veers to the side away from the highway, leaving a larger space in between the lanes. The purpose of these areas is to ensure driver safety and allow for emergency stops, etc. You will often see them painted a different color (yellow or white) or have certain designs (like stripes) and created in a triangular shape. You are not supposed to drive on these areas and most people do not want to.
However, suppose you are on the highway and you need to exit, and for some reason you are not in the exit lane. If you are at risk of missing your exit, you may be tempted to make a quick maneuver through the Gore to get to your exit. That kind of driving can definitely get you a ticket for Driving with Gore or Median. As a general rule, avoid driving your car through any sort of area that serves a barrier or gap between exit and entrance lanes.
- A misdemeanor criminal offense on your record;
- 3 points on your driving record;
- A maximum fine of $1,000; Your fine will vary depending on the jurisdiction, your driving record and the facts of your case.
- Increased insurance premiums for several years; and
- A license suspension if you are over the point threshold
Having a skilled and experienced Georgia Driving Within Gore or Median Ticket Attorney on your case will help you achieve a better result.
- We help keep your driving record clean. We can negotiate with the prosecutor to amend your citation to a reduced or non-reporting violation. This will keep it off your driving record. In other instances, we may be able to identify defenses, mitigating circumstances or technical/procedural mistakes made by the citing officer, which could result in a dismissal of your charge.
- We can save you money. If you simply pay your ticket and it goes on your record, your insurance company will use it against you by increasing your insurance premiums. Most likely, they will increase your premiums by thousands over dollars for several years. By keeping the Driving Within Gore or Median ticket off your record, we will save you more money in the long run.
- We can save you time: Whenever it is possible, we handle your case without you having to appear in court to face the prosecutor and judge. However, depending on the court and the facts of your case, your appearance may necessary or beneficial; in that event, we can still save you time because due to procedural rules, courts typically hear attorney represented cases before hearing non-represented cases, thereby drastically decreasing the amount of time you spend in court.
- We offer clear flat fee representation so you are never surprised by the legal fees we charge.
- We are easy to get in touch with and pride ourselves on promptly returning phone calls and emails.
We have handled thousands of tickets all over Georgia and have a strong record of success since 2008. We welcome you to call us today at (678) 895-6039 to discuss your Driving Within Gore or Median case.
List Of Citations
Other Searches Related To Driving Within Gore Or Median Citations:
Call us today at (678) 895-6039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether it is a speeding ticket, reckless driving, DUI or an illegal lane change that you have been ticket for we can help!
The Anand Law Firm, LLC
11555 Medlock Bridge Road
Johns Creek, GA 30097
Office: (678) 895-6039