Give us a call or fill out the contact form so we can relieve you of the stress of going to court on your own. Let my law firm represent you!
Call (678) 895-6039
Driving While License Is Suspended Or Revoked Attorney In Georgia
Hire an experienced attorney in dealing with driving with a suspended or revoked license charge today to assist you with contesting your citation. We offer free consultations and flat fee representation.
We will treat your case with the care, attention and diligence it deserves.
Please call (678) 895-6039 today for a free, no obligation consultation. We want to help you with your driving while license is suspended or revoked charge in Georgia.
Driving While License is Suspended or Revoked
If you operate a motor vehicle in Georgia with a suspended or revoked license, you will be facing a misdemeanor criminal offense for which you will have to appear in court. Any conviction or driving while license is suspended or revoked will be reported to the Georgia Department of Driver Services. This will cause a further license suspension without any limited permit for you to drive. Some drivers get stuck in this cycle and are not able to regain their license for a long period of time.
There is also the financial burden. In addition to the fines and court costs incurred in court, you will face heavy reinstatement fees from the Georgia Department of Driver Services to get your license back once the suspension period has passed.
Also, it is not uncommon for the prosecutor to recommend jail time on this violation. You may even be arrested by the police officer that issues you the citation. Additionally, the court will have to take and forward your fingerprints to the Georgia Crime Information Center. Finally, if you for some reason miss your court date for driving while license is suspended or revoked in Georgia, a bench warrant for your arrest can be issued against you immediately.
If you receive a citation for driving while license is suspended or revoked in Georgia, please contact us today to speak with an experienced Georgia Driving While License Suspended Attorney. We can help you resolve your case without a further license suspension and jail time.
If you would like to read the statute on driving while license is suspended or revoked, please look up Official Code of Georgia 40-6-121.
- A misdemeanor criminal offense on your record;
- An additional 6 month license suspension by the Georgia Department of Driver Services;
- Possible jail time;
- A maximum fine of $1,000. Fines for this violation vary greatly depending on the jurisdiction and your driving record;
- Increased insurance premiums for several years; and
- Your fingerprints will be taken and forwarded to the Georgia Crime Information Center
Having a skilled and experienced Georgia driving while license is suspended attorney on your case will help you achieve a better result.
- We help keep your driving record clean. We can negotiate with the prosecutor to amend your driving while license is suspended citation to a reduced or non-reporting violation, such as Expired License or some other non-reporting charge. In some cases, we may even be able to get it dismissed altogether. It will depend on the facts of your case. In other instances, we may be able to identify defenses, mitigating circumstances or technical/procedural mistakes made by the citing officer, which could result in a dismissal of your charge. Our goal is to protect your record and minimize the amount of time you are without your license.
- We can save you money. If you simply pay your ticket for driving while license is suspended and it goes on your record, your insurance company will use it against you by increasing your insurance premiums. Most likely, they will increase your premiums by thousands over dollars for several years. By keeping the ticket off your record, we will save you more money in the long run. Additionally, the longer you are without your license, the greater the financial burden by way of missing work, having to take a cab or Uber to get around, etc.
- We can save you time: Whenever it is possible, we handle your case without you having to appear in court to face the prosecutor and judge. However, depending on the court and the facts of your case, your appearance may necessary or beneficial; in that event, we can still save you time because due to procedural rules, courts typically hear attorney represented cases before hearing non-represented cases, thereby drastically decreasing the amount of time you spend in court.
- We offer clear flat fee representation so you are never surprised by the legal fees we charge.
- We are easy to get in touch with and pride ourselves on promptly returning phone calls and emails.
We have handled thousands of tickets all over Georgia and have a strong record of success since 2008. We welcome you to call us today at (678) 895-6039 to discuss your driving while license is suspended case.
List Of Citations
Call us today at (678) 895-6039 or email email@example.com
Whether it is a speeding ticket, reckless driving, DUI or an illegal lane change that you have been ticket for we can help!
The Anand Law Firm, LLC
11555 Medlock Bridge Road
Johns Creek, GA 30097
Office: (678) 895-6039