Give us a call or fill out the contact form so we can relieve you of the stress of going to court on your own. Let my law firm represent you!
Call (678) 895-6039
Getting an Aggressive Driving Ticket is BAD news! We highly recommend you give us a call!
Hiring an experienced aggressive driving lawyer to litigate on your behalf can save you money, keep you from getting 6 points on your driving record, possibly save your drivers license and shorten your probation time. We offer free consultations and flat fee representation.
We will treat your case with the care, attention and diligence it deserves.
Aggressive Driving is when a driver operates his or her vehicle with the intent to annoy, harass, molest, intimidate, injure, or obstruct another person. It is also considered a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature.
The Georgia statute on Aggressive Driving, which can be found in code section 40-6-397, is fairly vague, does not provide an exhaustive list of “aggressive” behavior and can be left to much interpretation, both by drivers and police officers. To better understand what is aggressive driving, you have to take into account what a reasonable person would consider to be an act that is intended to annoy, harass, molest, intimidate injury or obstruct another person.
When it comes down to it, any unsafe driving behavior, performed deliberately and with ill intention or disregard for safety, can constitute aggressive driving.
- Speeding when traffic is heavy, which can be very dangerous
- Tailgating another driver, which can be very unsettling for that driver
- Cutting in front of another driver and then slowing down, which is clearly annoying
- Running red lights, which definitely poses a threat to other drivers
- Weaving in and out of traffic, which can be very unsafe
- Changing lanes without signaling first, which can certainly lead to an accident
- Blocking cars attempting to pass or change lanes, which is clearly intimidating
- Using headlights or brakes to punish other drivers, get back at them, or make a point
- Using profanity and offensive or explicit gestures towards other drivers
- Throwing objects from your vehicle at other drivers
- Striking your vehicle into other vehicles
- Sideswiping another car
- A misdemeanor criminal offense on your record;
- 6 points on your driving record;
- A maximum fine of $1,000. The fine will vary depending on the jurisdiction, whether there are aggravating or mitigating factors, and your driving record;
- Possible jail time depending on the facts of the case;
- Increased insurance premiums for several years; and
- A license suspension if you are over the Georgia Department of Driver Services point threshold
Having a skilled and experienced Georgia aggressive driving attorney on your case will help you achieve a better result.
- We help keep your driving record clean. We can negotiate with the prosecutor to work out a resolution to amend your aggressive driving citation to a reduced or non-reporting violation so that you do not get 6 points on your record. Sometimes, we can identify defenses, mitigating circumstances or technical/procedural mistakes made by the citing officer, which could result in a dismissal of your charge.
- We can save you money. If you plead guilty to aggressive driving and it goes on your record, your insurance company will look very poorly upon that. They will use your aggressive driving conviction against you by increasing your insurance premiums. Most likely, they will increase your premiums by thousands over dollars for several years. By keeping the ticket off your record, we'll save you more money in the long run.
- We can save you time: Whenever it is possible, we handle your case without you having to appear in court to face the prosecutor and judge. However, depending on the court and the facts of your case, your appearance may necessary or beneficial; in that event, we can still save you time because due to procedural rules, courts typically hear attorney represented cases before hearing non-represented cases, thereby drastically decreasing the amount of time you spend in court.
- We offer clear flat fee representation so you are never surprised by the legal fees we charge.
- We are easy to get in touch with and pride ourselves on promptly returning phone calls and emails.
We have handled thousands of tickets all over Georgia and have a strong record of success since 2008. We welcome you to call us today at (678) 895-6039 to discuss your aggressive driving case.
List Of Citations
Other Searches Related To Aggressive Driving Citations:
Call us today at (678) 895-6039 or email email@example.com
Whether it is a speeding ticket, reckless driving, DUI or an illegal lane change that you have been ticket for we can help!
The Anand Law Firm, LLC
11555 Medlock Bridge Road
Johns Creek, GA 30097
Office: (678) 895-6039